Jon Loomer, the Facebook advertising specialist, created Facebook video tutorials to help understand how to execute Facebook marketing features and strategies. You can find all the quick Facebook video tutorials on Jon’s website.
My top 5 of Facebook tutorials from Jon Loomer on how to…
…use creative split testing
In March 2017, Facebook released Creative split testing to allow marketers and advertisers to optimize your ads. Split testing can be daunting but now Facebook made things easier.
- On Facebook Ads Manager, on your campaign dashboard, select ‘Traffic‘ as an objective.
- Under Traffic, tick ‘ Creative split test‘
- Facebook asks you what you want to test between
- Delivery optimization
- If Creative selected, you can upload two versions of your headline or your imagery.
limit how often your ads are seen with Reach objective
Using the reach objective with the reach and frequency tool will result in the highest reach available with the reach and frequency buying type.
- On Facebook Ads Manager, on your campaign dashboard, select ‘Reach‘ as an objective.
- Under ‘Optimization and Ad delivery‘, enter the minimum of days that should pass before someones sees your ad again.
target people who engaged with your Instagram account
- Make sure you have connected your Instagram business account with your Facebook Business Manager
- On Facebook Ads Manager, create a new Audiences under Assets
- Create Custom Audiences, select Engagement and then Instagram Business Profile
- You can create audiences based on the following types of engagement:
- Everyone who engaged with your business (on Instagram)
- Anyone who visited your business profile (on Instagram)
- People who engaged with any post or ad (on Instagram)
- People who sent a message to your business profile (on Instagram)
- People who saved any post or ad (on Instagram)
to create a Sponsored Message on Messenger
- Go to Ads Manager and click Create Ad.
- Choose the Messages objective
- In the Messages section, click the ad type drop down and select Sponsored Message, then choose the Facebook Page you’d like to run the campaign.
- After selecting Sponsored Messages, a custom audience will automatically be created of people who have interacted with your Page in Messenger.
- To custom your sponsored message, type the Welcome Message (first message people will see in the Messenger conversation), custom your main message (encourage people to reply by offering more information about the ad they clicked.
- Add Customer actions such “I’m interested’.
to use the Store visits objective
The store visits objective lets you create dynamic local ads for multiple store locations so you can drive store visits and in-store sales.
Before starting, uploaded your business locations in Facebook Business Manager, check out How to Add and Edit Business Locations in Business Manager.
- On Facebook Ads Manager, on your campaign dashboard, select ‘Store visits‘ as an objective.
- Select the Page you want to run ads for, and click Continue.
- In the Audience section, click Select locations to choose the locations you want to include in your ad campaign.
- Set any further targeting for your audience, your placements, budget and schedule. Click Continue.
Optimization will automatically be set to Daily Unique Reach, unless the new store visits reporting and optimization has been set up for your account.